This is private reference for the teams.
2020 Season Decision
Thank you all for your patience and responses to the survey. It helped us get an idea where people were at to make a decision on what to do with the bikes.
We have taken the different responses of each team and the current situation under advisement and have made a decision on what teams should and can do with the bikes.
First, we will continue with Classic 500s for next year. We and RE have enough to expand the program with more teams if needed.
So, unless listed below, you will keep and carry over your current bike. For 2021 you will pick back up with the current bike as is and continue on. This applies to the Iron Angels as well with their Street 500.* If you happen to have gotten or raise any more funds this year, you can apply to next year, or of course you can use for other team purposes – supplies, swag, etc.
4 teams responded that they both want to finish the bike and either already have the funds or want to complete fundraising to keep it: Oak Creek, Muskego, Kettle Moraine & Bradley Tech. They can finish and keep the bike. Next year they will get a new Classic 500 and start from scratch. We feel this will make a level playing field that, though they will have experience completing the build, they will have to more work to do than the teams carrying over an in-progress bike.We will reach out separately to these teams about how to move forward.
If you feel your response was misunderstood, or if you have any questions, please let us know.
Kevin & the Board
- Feb 8 – Team Photo including ALL team members, advisors, mentors. #buildmototeam
- Feb 15 – In color bike design concept/sketch. #buildmotoconcept
- Feb 15 – Invitation to BUILD BOD for team visit. Send via email. #buildbodvisit for documenting the visit in photos
- POSTPONED – March 13-15 – Flat Out Friday & Mama Tried. Booth volunteer assistance. @mamatriedshow @flatoutfriday
- ON HOLD – VIDEO submission of Full mock up – ready for paint, rolling chassis, pipes, carbs, battery box, seat pan, bars. #buildmockupvid
- ON HOLD – VIDEO submission of running bike to get pick of dyno time slot – In order of submission. #buildrunningvid
BOD Contact Info
Team Mentors Group email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Frank | President, Outreach | email@example.com | 414.364.6489
Chris Steele | Treasurer, Technical | firstname.lastname@example.org | 414.943.0479
Kirk Topel | Teams | email@example.com | 414.254.1310
Josh Richardson | Objectives | firstname.lastname@example.org | 414.429.2817
Chris Ripstein | Objectives | email@example.com
Zeljan Tomasovic | Communications | firstname.lastname@example.org | 414.639.3905
Colleen Lake | Volunteer Coord | email@example.com | 414.380.9005