The 2016 BUILD season, like all previous seasons, ended at Road America with the AHRMA races where the bikes, and the students, are put to the ultimate test. From the stress on the bikes on the track to the stress on the students to keep the bikes running for the day race day is an exciting day where all the efforts of the students come to fruition. The bikes are expected to run in two races: The CB160 and the 200 Grand Prix Plus, the racers results award points to their team.
In addition to keeping the bikes up to snuff for the races, we ran them through a skills challenge, asking each team to perform a maintenance item on the bike at the same time – fastest time taking points towards the cup.
Shorewood DBR Racing took 2 of 3 available points awards at Road America and with them the overall 2016 BUILD season BUILD CUP. Congratulations to Shorewood for winning the 2016 season and all the teams who participated, 2016 was from all accounts an immensely successful year.
Here are the results of each milestone in the BUILD Cup
- Dyno Challenge at Moon’s Super Cycle (with Power-Barn) – Shorewood DBR Racing
- Brewtown Rumble Judge’s Selection – Hal’s New Berlin
- Social Media Award – Bradley Tech Backlash
- Iron Horse Hotel Bike Night Spectator’s Choice – Bradley Tech Backlash
- Road America/AHRMA CB160 – Running Rebels Racing Rebels
- Road America/AHRMA 200 Grand Prix Plus – Shorewood DBR Racing
- Skills Challenge – Shorewood DBR Racing
A big thanks to all the riders who took the time to take the BUILD team bikes on the track at Road America. Here are on-track shots of each rider, thanks to Etech Photo for capturing and providing them to us.
And thank you to all the sponsors for 2016: The Iron Horse Hotel, Badger Heritage Chapter & Brewtown Rumble, FUEL Cafe, MATC, and Hupy and Abraham as well as all of our in-kind business sponsors. Visit the Sponsors Page to see all the great businesses that provided materials and services for the bikes, we couldn’t do it without all of the amazing support.
See you all next year!